Karen Matthews and Judy Sillito are founders of Weasel Tale (weaseltale.com), an Edmonton-based company that consults and offers workshops on digital storytelling. Both have taught ESL for many years, and trained in digital storytelling facilitation with Story center in Berkeley, California. Judy is past president of TESL Canada.
In workshop, Karen and Judy conducted a story circle in which the participants would be given two or three minutes to share their story idea and received feedback from the group.
During these workshops, the participants would:
– Learn the benefits and practicalities of doing snapshot stories with your students
– Experience a story circle (great for listening and speaking)
– Get tips on how to conduct a story circle and record student stories
– Learn how to turn student stories into digital stories
– Explore the issues and ethics of using personal stories in the classroom
– Take away handouts on the processes that they explored.